Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thank You Lord for...answered prayers!

THANK YOU LORD for answered prayers. I’ve always been told God answers prayers. He might not answer them during our requested time frame or exactly in every detail we like, but He does hear us when we speak to him. After I looked at one bedroom apartments last week I called my mother so upset. The thought of living alone left me feeling so empty. If you know me, you are aware that I’m a very bubbly and outgoing person who loves to be around others. I’m very talkative; enjoy company and an extrovert to the fullest extent. Yes, I do love my time alone but just couldn’t bring myself to the idea of not even having someone to discuss the day with. I’ve have always had a roommate and at times even more than one. To give you a better idea of how much I love roommates, here is a list of my former ones….Joanna, Caryn, Anna, Megan, Sarah, Maren, Emily, Erica, Katie T, Katie R, Ashley, Laura, Kaci, Evan, Lauren, Marvee and Susanne. And they all made my living experience 10x better!

So, I forgot to mention that Atlanta is not the safest area for a single female and one bedrooms can be pretty pricey. My mother suggested a roommate and I informed her that everyone I knew in the area was either married, living with their fiancé or has had the same roommate for years. I was so stressed and saddened about the situation. I had to find somewhere to move quickly because my storage unit would run up in October. So, I let go of the frustration and asked God to help me through this situation…all I could do was pray about it. And boy did he answer the prayer fast!

Only hours later I was at Barnes & Noble (my new home) when I heard someone from a distance call my name. I turned to see Julie, a girl I hadn’t seen in years! We both cheered together our freshman year at Georgia College and now here she was only feet away. We quickly began catching up on each other’s lives and I asked her to spread the word to her friends that I was looking for a roommate. Well, to my surprise Julie was actually experiencing some crazy times in her life as well. We both could relate to the fact that we felt like nomads living out of our Vera Bradley bags and were ready to settle down somewhere fast. We filled each other in on the past few years and visited apartments the very next morning.

Julie and I have now found a place to live and are super excited about moving in together. We have so much in common and are ready to embark on our new journey. Isn’t it amazing that the Lord works in such mysterious ways? Here He was bringing someone back into my life after 6 YEARS just at the right moment. And to make things even better Julie is such a wonderful Christian woman. I know He placed her back in my life to help encourage me on my new walk with GOD. My experience has helped me to realize that prayer is such a powerful thing. So, Thank you Lord for bringing Julie into my life and for watching over me. You never fail to amaze me!
THANK YOU LORD for answered prayers!



" Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I definitely think I would be reading such great news when I started on your post. I'm so happy you and Julie will be rooming together, she is a GREAT roommate! As I should know, since we lived together for 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Love your blog! I love how God is interested in every detail of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Praise God ^_^

    ReplyDelete