Sunday, September 27, 2009

What's Your Therapy?

What is your therapy? What is it you do to escape from things or make yourself feel happy? Dictionary.com has several definitions of therapy, but my favorite is... "Any act, task, program, etc...that relieves tension." Since my life has been rough lately, I have turned to many types of therapy including....praying, sleeping, reading and my biggest....SHOPPING. I admit I love to shop! What woman doesn't right? The only problem is that my budget limits me in how often I can use this type of therapy. I'm actually really great at budgeting but over the past two weeks I have found myself not even looking at prices. YIKES! I just seemed to be handing over my piece of plastic. For me it was a temporary fix. That is, until I begin to balance my checking account 3 days ago.

I've been blessed with a wonderful mother who calls almost everyday to check on my status. On Friday her phone call took me by surprise. She informed me to go shopping for myself and she would cover the expenses. I guess she was trying to lighten my spirits the best way she knew how. So, I took her advice and did so. Here is what my Saturday looked like.......Thanks Mom for your financial contributions that helped to make it so awesome! What would have been a typical day at Barnes & Noble turned into a magical day that made me feel special when I needed it the most.



I began the day by making a stop at Ulta for a makeover! Since I've been feeling kind of poopy(this is a word in my dictionary) and ugly I knew a makeover would be the remedy. I walked in and told my sweet friend Tori who works there, to make me feel pretty again. And boy did she do that! Her amazing talents made my green eyes that have been so hidden recently stand out. And her choice of lipstick made me want to smile to reveal its beautiful color. Several of the employees complimented her on her awesome transformation. Of course, I bought the products that made me feel like a princess. You know you would have done the same :) Please see above for this purchase. Yes, it was SMASHBOX products! They are oh so amazing but oh so pricey. Thank you mom for your contributions so that I was able to buy the princess makeup.

I then headed to my favorite... TJ Maxx. The employee that greeted me quickly complimented my eyes. See...it really was worth the money!!! (Atleast for the short time it made me feel better). Afterwards, I headed to the mall and was allured into the most feminine store on the block. I purchased 7 new pairs of panties (can I say that on here?). What is it about buying new undergarments that makes a woman feel so amazing? (See pink bag above). I ended the night over dinner at Cheesecake Bistro with my dear friend Laura, who was in town. We were able to catch up on each other's lives and I thank God for her friendship. The day was over after I crashed...I was exhaused after shopping and dinner. I try to not always resort to this type of therapy, but it does't hurt every once a while, right? The way it made me feel about myself was worth every penny! The next time I need therapy I will go back to "praying".






Laura & I enjoying our pastas!
****Actual amount of food on my fork was staged for the picture. My mouth is not big enough for a bite that large.

Side note....Thank you mom for helping to make my Saturday special!

1 comment:

  1. Tell your mom I've had a really crappy week and need some shopping therapy also...lol!

    ReplyDelete